> Watch our graduate video
Who we are
ION enables it's customers to deliver faster and smarter, rapidly accelerate growth and outperform their competitors at every level.
- Founded in 2016 by our MD, Rob Mathieson
- Worked on more than 150 projects to transform business and financial operations
- Specialists in mid-market cloud-accounting, helping businesses to work smarter and faster
- Independent financial technology experts, working with businesses to find the right solution for them
- Partnering with the world's leading cloud platforms including FinancialForce, Sage, AccountsIQ and Salesforce as a Silver Consulting Partner
the ion academy is about harnessing the best talent to kick start your career
Unleash your Career with ion academy
ION is one of the most exciting tech companies in the North East. Combining rapid growth, cutting edge CRM software and financial technologies; ION is transforming the way that businesses operate.
- We partner with and deliver solutions with Salesforce, the #1CRM solution in the world.
- Working with ION exposes you to the world’s best Cloud Accountancy software including, FinancialForce, Sage and Accounts IQ.
- Be part of a growing local company, making waves internationally in the Cloud CRM and Accountancy world
- Expose yourself to a variety of different customers and operations; broadening your experience of understanding different customer operations and cultures.
- Understand different customers and industries, working with customers in Tech / SaaS, Healthcare, Financial Services, Professional Services, Utilities, Defence, and Non-Profit markets to name a few.
- Immerse yourself in the growth culture, being part of a close-knit team where all ideas and innovations are welcome to continue to develop ION.
Suitable Degree Courses
We are open to candidates who have taken many different courses with differing experience and skills, but our sweet spot of candidates are from the below courses:
- Accounting, Economics, Finance or Investment Management
- Business, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Marketing,
- Computer Studies, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Project Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Management
"since joining as a graduate, ION has provided me with extensive training & development, helping me to set out and achieve my long-term career goals.”
- emily hitchen, project manager
ion academy graduate careers
What it takes to become an ionian
As a driven and dedicated team, we are particular about the people who join our close-knit team. All our people must therefore have these behaviours and personality traits.
- The ability to take ownership and initiative, making projects your own and being proud of the work you deliver.
- The desire to find solutions, working both individually and with the team where required.
- A consummate professional that can communicate calmly, clearly and informed when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- To be fast-paced and adaptable to change in a growth environment.
- The ability to digest a brief and formulate relevant questions which will enable you to understand and solve customer problems and pain points.
- Natural enthusiasm and desire to learn new skills, make a positive difference and add value to a team.
- A technology enthusiast that is passionate about learning more about how technology can be used to solve challenges.
- Intelligent, logical and hardworking individuals that can strengthen the innovation and flair in the ION approach.
- Digital and computer literate; completely comfortable in using new software applications and technologies.
a typical day at ion
Each day working at ION throws up new tasks and challenges, but some of our typical activities include:
- Collaboration with your peers and colleagues, working collectively to co-ordinate activities and deliver our projects.
- Interactions and meetings with our customers to understand their requirements and deliver a plan to improve their systems.
- Reviewing customer requirements, designing solutions and mapping the overall configuration required for their business.
- Setting up, configuring and migrating a customers’ data into the product solution that we have delivered to them.
- Identifying potential problems or issues, working with the wider team and customers to deliver solutions which meet their requirements
- Deliver training and support to our customers.
- Peer reviewing your colleagues work to ensure that it meets the customer requirements before delivery of the final product.
Your ION Academy journey
“At ION we are passionate about delivering real change for our customers and that’s why we demand the best from our team. Working as part of this team means striving for excellence. If you are tirelessly energetic, talented, articulate and well organised, we would love for you to join our ION Academy.” Rob mathieson, Managing Director
or call 0191 466 1231