ION is unleashing connected cloud-accounting and Salesforce technologies into the UK mid-market, enabling its customers to sell faster and smarter, rapidly accelerate growth and outperform their competitors at every level.
We are a fast growing and ambitious team, with grand plans and a hunger for excitement.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
The role of our Financial Controller is to own financial performance and contract management across the business.
ION works with senior leadership within fast-growth organisations to design and implement change throughout their financial and CRM systems. To do this we employ exciting, energetic and smart people who are ambitious and impatient for success, just like us.
We are a provider and reseller of mid-market accounting, billing and operations technologies, therefore we need a Financial Controller that has experience of multi-year recurring contracts and the end-to-end customer lifecycle, including licensing, implementation and managed service contracts.
ION is a high-growth business with significant financial milestones planned, but this needs to be supported by the right financial leader. This will involve working closely with the directors and management team to continuously review and update our financial model, monitor key performance indicators and provide solid financial advice for growth.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Provide reporting and strategic advice to the board with regards to financial decisions and position based on supporting data.
- Manage new and ongoing contracts, including setup, renewals, billing and financial planning.
- Make recommendations on how to develop and improve internal systems for contract management.
- Work with the sales and operations teams to ensure sales contracts are financially sound.
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports, utilising Xero and Futrli.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly providing internal reports/forecasts with Xero and Futrli.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts using Xero, as well as identify trends and insights.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Assisting external accountants with preparation of year end statutory accounts and VAT returns.
- Working with the Operations Director and delivery team to accurately track project delivery costs, analyse performance data, ensure job profitability targets are being met and provide reporting and insights.
- Provide regular review and calculation of internal resource cost rates.
- Collaborate with external accountants to prepare payroll
- Manage online banking
- Invoice and payment management
- Supplier payments
- Expense processing
- Assist with supplier assessments
- Maintenance and continuous development of all financial systems and policies and processes and recommendation of any changes to streamline the work.
- General upskilling and increasing awareness to the wider business with regards to financial matters.
- Manage new employee administration
- Collaborate with external accountants to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- 5 years of financial management experience, ideally in a tech or professional services organisation.
- 2+ years experience of contract management.
- Experience of using cloud applications to design and update financial models.
- The ability to implement and display systems to provide real-time financial data.
- The ability to clearly and quickly articulate yourself to management.
- Qualification or part-qualification is preferential but not required.
- You must be likeable, have a positive attitude and communicate well.
- A highly professional attitude to work.
- Amazing organisational skills!
We offer a competitive salary, share option scheme, 25 days holiday, three days a week working from home (if you want it), flexible hours, child-care scheme, a fantastic work environment and your birthday off.
However, if that is what you think benefits are then you probably aren't for us.
We see true benefits as being able to play a part in building an incredible tech company, having a voice to lead change that lets you do things differently, and being allowed to take ownership and responsibility for yourself and your success.
If you would like to join ION then we’d love you to contact us. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.